Reality
My life feels like I'm living in opposites recently. I used to think that weekends are my dreams while the weekdays are my actualities.
But in fact, since you've stepped into my life, things are the other way around. Sometimes I feel like I'm that little girl trapped in wonderland when I'm with you, wondering what is the truth and what is not. But just like what I've learnt from movies and books
When I close my eyes during our trips or the times we spend together, I am often swept away by emotions that are bursting with energy, as if the only thing I can see is light without any hint of darkness.
But once those moments has passed, I am back to the alternate world which I wish to shy away from, the eternal nightmare and struggle of life - where am I and am I doing the right thing?
What startles me the most is how much we have in common, that a lot of the scars we have are inflicted on us because we weren't really protecting ourselves or knowing what has hit us in the first place. It feels like, you just woke up from a coma after being involved in a car crash - all memories you thought you had are with you in your mind, but in reality, a lot of it was erased or written without your permission while you were stuck in the world of dreams. As if time & the people who surround us were playing tricks on us. Telling us what to believe and we have no choice but to accept the bitter truth of whatever that has happened.
But I guess this is the way life or god teaches us their greatest lessons, we have to learn to swallow the flavour of bitterness of the past in order to taste the sweetness of the present and enjoy the richness of the future.
We have to learn how to heal from the wounds and the pain of yesterday in order to wear not only our hearts on our sleeves, but wear our war scars with pride in order to live a honest life.
We have to learn to love ourselves and others again and again. No matter the mistakes we make, no matter the mistakes anyone has made, because loving every crack, dents, marks and imperfection makes us a better person than the rest who refuse to accept that we're all not perfect.
Thank you, love. You've made my life into a fairytale. You've made me realise there is more to life than whatever I was doing. I have been living in the shadows for the longest time if it wasn't for you.
Psst : Thank you for coming to my aid on short notice and for helping me for everything. What would I do without you?
But in fact, since you've stepped into my life, things are the other way around. Sometimes I feel like I'm that little girl trapped in wonderland when I'm with you, wondering what is the truth and what is not. But just like what I've learnt from movies and books
Your reality is only what you perceive it to be and what you choose for it to be. Everything else you know be the nightmares you need to break free from and prove wrong.
When I close my eyes during our trips or the times we spend together, I am often swept away by emotions that are bursting with energy, as if the only thing I can see is light without any hint of darkness.
But once those moments has passed, I am back to the alternate world which I wish to shy away from, the eternal nightmare and struggle of life - where am I and am I doing the right thing?
What startles me the most is how much we have in common, that a lot of the scars we have are inflicted on us because we weren't really protecting ourselves or knowing what has hit us in the first place. It feels like, you just woke up from a coma after being involved in a car crash - all memories you thought you had are with you in your mind, but in reality, a lot of it was erased or written without your permission while you were stuck in the world of dreams. As if time & the people who surround us were playing tricks on us. Telling us what to believe and we have no choice but to accept the bitter truth of whatever that has happened.
But I guess this is the way life or god teaches us their greatest lessons, we have to learn to swallow the flavour of bitterness of the past in order to taste the sweetness of the present and enjoy the richness of the future.
We have to learn how to heal from the wounds and the pain of yesterday in order to wear not only our hearts on our sleeves, but wear our war scars with pride in order to live a honest life.
We have to learn to love ourselves and others again and again. No matter the mistakes we make, no matter the mistakes anyone has made, because loving every crack, dents, marks and imperfection makes us a better person than the rest who refuse to accept that we're all not perfect.
Thank you, love. You've made my life into a fairytale. You've made me realise there is more to life than whatever I was doing. I have been living in the shadows for the longest time if it wasn't for you.
Psst : Thank you for coming to my aid on short notice and for helping me for everything. What would I do without you?
Comments
Post a Comment