Tong Hua
How do we measure time if not in seconds or minutes passed?
Often, it slips through our fingers the way silk or satin slips off our skin.
I have begun to believe that time can be measured in more ways than minutes, seconds, hours, daylight and sunsets. That recently, my time has begun to be measured in love.
What happens when the night is filled with more than just comfortable talks? What fills our souls appetite more than food? How much closer has our journey so far brought us together?
Sometimes I look back and feel that the 5 months we've had together seems to have passed like a blink of an eye. That it feels impossible that it has already been so long.
But yet again, there are times when I look back at our memories, and I can't quite believe that within what seems like a short period of time, we have been able to fill it with so much joy, laughter and love.
The bliss that encompasses me can't quite be expressed with written words. Only those who are with me can feel it radiating from me all the time. It feels like I'm dancing on clouds, twirling across the room in broad graceful steps, reaching out just a tiny bit more than usual, completing the routine just a bit more perfectly than I previously was able to.
Call me foolish for believing that nobody else knows what it is like.
But how can they know what I'm feeling unless they are us?
They are all living stories and fairytales that belong to them.
Cause this version of love my dear?
Only one other person I know can be feeling the same tug of the heartstrings like I do.
It's you, my love.
This is love is ours.
Comments
Post a Comment