Make life count
What have you done recently to show those around you that you love them and appreciate them being there for you?
These little questions speaks in the silence to me quite a lot recently.
Have I showed my parents that I truly do love them despite all the bullshit I have put them through?
Have I told my dad lately that I love him and I love eating his home cooked meals again that I'm living with him?
Have I told my mum that I love her and appreciate her giving me a temple massage when I was suffering from a headache which was caused by my sinus?
Have I showed my sisters that I love and care for them deeply that I would without hesitation be the first one there to aid them in time of need?
Have I done enough for my girlfriends during their moments of loneliness or anything just to let them know, I am there for them despite not being able to be there for them physically most of the times?
Last but not least, have I done enough for my other half to ensure he feels safe with me even while I am busy during the day ensuring a future is a bit better for us both?
Sometimes life really puts you into perspective and time and time again, I am trying to remind myself that sometimes, chasing after my career, after my goals, after wealth, after material things is not the most important thing in life.
What matters most after putting in those hours of labour is to take all the uninterrupted moments and spend it wisely with those we love and make them count. What matters is to never take my health for granted again and end up burnt out after clocking in late hours back to back.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with this thing called "adulting" because I always find I am not close to being perfect enough in all that I do. I still have problems, issues, tears, disappointments.
Life is short and the biggest struggle everyday is to ensure we do not get caught in the repetitive and malicious cycle of mundane life. Cause really? That's not living.
Breathe a bit more.
Laugh a little louder.
Enjoy the the sweet taste of joy.
Feel the ecstacy of just being alive.
These little questions speaks in the silence to me quite a lot recently.
Have I showed my parents that I truly do love them despite all the bullshit I have put them through?
Have I told my dad lately that I love him and I love eating his home cooked meals again that I'm living with him?
Have I told my mum that I love her and appreciate her giving me a temple massage when I was suffering from a headache which was caused by my sinus?
Have I showed my sisters that I love and care for them deeply that I would without hesitation be the first one there to aid them in time of need?
Have I done enough for my girlfriends during their moments of loneliness or anything just to let them know, I am there for them despite not being able to be there for them physically most of the times?
Last but not least, have I done enough for my other half to ensure he feels safe with me even while I am busy during the day ensuring a future is a bit better for us both?
Sometimes life really puts you into perspective and time and time again, I am trying to remind myself that sometimes, chasing after my career, after my goals, after wealth, after material things is not the most important thing in life.
What matters most after putting in those hours of labour is to take all the uninterrupted moments and spend it wisely with those we love and make them count. What matters is to never take my health for granted again and end up burnt out after clocking in late hours back to back.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with this thing called "adulting" because I always find I am not close to being perfect enough in all that I do. I still have problems, issues, tears, disappointments.
Life is short and the biggest struggle everyday is to ensure we do not get caught in the repetitive and malicious cycle of mundane life. Cause really? That's not living.
Breathe a bit more.
Laugh a little louder.
Enjoy the the sweet taste of joy.
Feel the ecstacy of just being alive.
Comments
Post a Comment